LaserScope™: QCL Mid-Infrared Spectrometer Compatible with Fiber Optic Assemblies, Gas Cells, and IR Microscopes
Based on Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) technology, the LaserScope™ IR spectrometer is a revolutionary, compact, fully integrated, widely tunable mid-IR absorption spectrometer. The LaserScope IR spectrometer covers 5-14 μm (tuning range of ~1100 cm-1), or configurable in smaller increments for budget conscious researchers.
The LaserScope IR spectrometer is an excellent analytical tool for today's spectroscopist, as it can be configured for a broad range of applications to analyze liquids, solids, or gases. It easily can be modified to couple to fiber optic assemblies, gas cells, retrofitted to most IR microscopes, and secures easily on any optical table.
The integrated design, including the MCT detector of the LaserScope IR Spectrometer, dramatically reduces laboratory space to run experiments. One can imagine how this true one-box solution radically reduces experimental set-up and alignment time.
LaserScope utilizes a high brightness QCL point source, and the high spectral power density (or high photon flux) results in rapid scanning with good signal to noise ratio (SNR) and high quality data from miniature samples. The higher SNR equates to improved spectral quality at very high spatial resolution. The high spectral power density can make it possible to analyze optically thick, highly diffusive, or very small samples.
Key Benefits & Advantages
- Up to six orders of magnitude greater spectral radiance than an FTIR spectrometer with a standard globar source
- Fully integrated, bench-top spectroscopy solution
- Maximum flexibility featuring multiple configurations including fiber coupled, gas cell, or open path optics
- Measure optically thick, highly diffusive, or small samples
- High speed mapping or fast single point analysis of samples with small spot sizes
- Improved spectral quality for precise mapping
- Excellent performance for both single detector and array detectors
- Small system footprint
- Easy set-up time relative to using a synchrotron source
If you would like to discuss how the LaserScope can help with your application needs, please contact our VP of Sales, Scott Riggi, at email@example.com.