Block has created IR absorption spectrometers and a mid-IR source, based on widely tunable (over 600 cm-1) QCL lasers. The fully-integrated systems utilize a high brightness source, which results in high spectral power density and radiance. Our QCL spectrometers can measure at standoff distances with high sensitivity and can rapidly analyze highly absorbent or diffusive materials.
- LaserScan™ is a portable, standoff, mid-IR QCL absorption spectrometer. LaserScan detects and analyzes substances on surfaces from a standoff distance of 6 inches to 2 feet. An alternate version of the device is designed to interface with common FTIR accessories, including liquid and gas cells.
- LaserBench™ is a bench-top infrared laser spectrometer for laboratory use that is capable of accepting standard FTIR sample handling accessories. The heart of the instrument is Block Engineering's widely tunable quantum cascade laser (QCL) spectral engine, capable of providing a continuous spectrum in the heart of the infrared fingerprint region.
- LaserScope™ is a mid-IR spectrometer used in combination with an IR microscope either as an upgrade to an existing FTIR microscope or as a stand-alone system including the microscope. LaserScope utilizes a high brightness QCL source, which results in high spectral power density and radiance. This enables both improved spectral quality for more precise mapping and rapid analysis of small samples.
- LaserTune™ is a tunable mid-IR source. The fully integrated LaserTune system has the widest tuning range of any mid-IR QCL source available.
Block has five decades of experience in developing chemical sensing devices using advanced spectroscopic techniques, such as Passive FTIR, Standard FTIR, and grating-based spectrometers. Our Standoff Chemical Detection products are used extensively by the Military and Department of Homeland Security, and their ruggedness and reliability have been tested and validated for over 10 years.
- M90/100 is a compact, rugged Passive FTIR Spectrometer, which operates in the 7-12 µm range and is capable of detecting chemical clouds as far as 3 miles. The product is offered in both OEM and complete system configurations.
- PORTHOS™ is a portable, fully integrated system, which contains the M90 FTIR spectrometer, complete chemical recognition software, built-in self calibration, on board data storage and battery.